Saturday, March 31, 2012
I was surprised today to find out from the Wall Street Journal that a "Best Seller" category for eBooks even existed. Indeed, even our affiliate Amazon.com has such a category! For some time on my "Library Thing" site, many new authors promote their books via free copies of eBooks. It would seem only logical to have a best seller list for them! As book stores and printed books fall by the wayside, the digital media will continue to grow. Good luck authors!
Posted by Bentnwasted at 12:59 PM
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
I'd like to suggest what I consider to be the top 10 books to have in any survival bunker or hide-a-way. Disaster survival may be from a few days or forever depending on what happens. Reference books can be put to good use at anytime.
There are of course almost an infinite numbers but I believe these books will be a valuable resource for a long time. All can be ordered through Amazon.com by clicking on one of the links in the side bar! Remember, "Knowledge is Power"!
- How New Way Things Work By David Macaulay
- Back to Basics: A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills By Abigail R. Gehring
- Black & Decker The Complete Photo Guide to Home Improvement
- The American Red Cross First Aid and Safety Handbook
- The Vegetable Gardener's Bible By Edward C. Smith
- The Survival Manual (Outdoor Life): Urban Adventure - Wilderness Survival - Disaster Preparedness By The Editors of Outdoor Life Magazine
- Western Civilizations: Their History & Their Culture By Judith Coffin, Robert Stacey
- The Art of Blacksmithing By Alex W. Bealer
- Nature's Garden: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants By Samuel Thayer
Posted by Bentnwasted at 3:59 PM
Thursday, March 15, 2012
The gracious folks at Library Thing have provided me with the following novels to read and review!
- The Popes Assassin, 2011, by Luis M. Rocha
- The Guardian, 2011, by Robbie Cheuvront & Erik Reed
- Agent X, 2011, by Noah Boyd
- The Deep Zone, 2012, by James M. Tabor
Posted by Bentnwasted at 1:39 PM