Monday, August 17, 2009

"The Sign", My Current Read

I am currently reading "The Sign" by Raymond Khoury, a novel of religious dogma, global warming, and political conspiracy! Different than the dust jacket described, but still a viable read. I am about 75% finished. Will add my review here.

08-18-09 I finished it last night. I thought the last 100 pages was a "sellout" to the reader and a chance for a great ending, missed. Like many books, it sometimes feels as though the author got bored and quickly ended the book for some mysterious deadline. His other two books were OK, but I'll bet the imaginative reader can arrive at a better ending than the author did, in "The Sign". The editor also missed a few glaring misprints on automobile makes, engines, and design. Chrysler does not make the Navigator, nor does it come with a "Northstar" engine!

No comments: